lunes, 29 de junio de 2009

"My ideal job"

Hello everyone! Today I’m going to talk you about my ideal job. I don’t know very well what area of Psychology I will choose but I would like to work with children and teenagers. Because I think that they are at an important stage in which they can learn different skills to be happy and change the course of their lives. Therefore, I would like to work with people in social risk because they need support and most of the time their families are disintegrated and they have lived traumatic experiences.

So I would like to work in communities or in places that receive people who have had troubles with the law as Sename because if I work in those places I could help and support to children and teenagers to have a better life in the future. Moreover, these places need to change the interventions that are using because aren’t efficient for children for leaving the crime and drug. Also I would like to realize research to understand the structural factors that are influencing the actions of these people.
The qualities and skills that I would need to do this job are: motivation, empathy, patience and imagination to be able to innovate in every difficult situation.
But when I am working in this job I could find different obstacles as low salaries and I could have frustration at don’t achieved the objectives that I imagined because I am working in an adversarial context.

2 comentarios:

  1. I wouldn´t say "desintegrated families". I would say, "dysfunctional families".

    You also talk about "SUPPORT CHILDREN". You don´t use "TO".

    What do you mean by, "Interventions"?

    You say, "DO RESEARCH" and also "ADVERSE CONTEXT"

    Your written English is better than your spoken one. Nevertheless, I suggest that you check up words in a dictionary to see if you are using them correctly or if they exist. I recommend the Cambridge or the Webster Dictionaries on line.

    Yo get 1.5 points.

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar